Busing Requests, Payments and Fees
All students transported to/from an EICS school must apply for busing and require a bus pass.
Do you reside in Sherwood Park and attend Archbishop Jordan Catholic High School? TRANSIT
How do I find my designated school and distance? BUS PLANNER APP
NOTE: IT TAKES A MINIMUM OF THREE DAYS TO SET UP BUSING ONCE PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
How do I apply for busing or change my child’s busing information?
- Log into PowerSchool (if you do not remember your powerschool credentials, please use the "Forgot my username or password" option available or contact your school for assistance)
- In the Navigation tool bar, select "SchoolEngage - Student Forms" on the left hand side.
- Once you are in the form management system, choose the student you are requesting transportation for from the menu on the left, then click "New" beside the form titled "Transportation Request Form".
- Fill out all of the required details on the form and press submit to submit it to the transportation department.
How do I make a payment?
- Access the online payment system by logging into your PowerSchool Parent portal.
- Click on “Student Fees and Forms” in the Navigation tool bar.
- Select “Checkout” and then click “Submit Payment”.
- Put the full amount owing into the cart and hit “Submit”.
- An option for a payment plan will be made available at this point.
We will attempt to process requests within 5 working days of receipt of the request. The bus driver will contact you with the stop time and location which is confirmation that your child can access the bus.
NOTE: A monthly schedule is required for any students who are being picked up or dropped off at more than one location (ie home or sitter) affected by parent/guardian work timetables. Schedules must be emailed to the Transportation Department before the last day of each month at email@example.com.
If you do not have a PowerSchool Parent account or require assistance during Summer Break, please contact the Transportation Office. In the new school year, parents requiring assistance with their PowerSchool account should contact their school directly.
Home-to-School Distance is calculated using a combination of roadways and walkways—it may not always match the driven distance of your family car. All measurements for distance calculations will be determined by District Routing Software. To determine the distance from your home to the school your child is designated to or attending refer to the section above “What is my designated school and am I eligible for busing?”
A fee waiver may be available to families/guardians if they meet certain income guidelines, are on social services or are facing exceptional circumstances. Fee Waiver Form
Refunds or new move-ins
EICS does not offer a “winter” only bus service. Transportation fees are pro-rated only when students move in or out of the area.
NOTE: Families who cancel busing services through the year due to COVID will be reimbursed, fees being prorated on a monthly basis.