Our Catholic Family
EICS serves the Catholic communities in Camrose, Fort Saskatchewan, Sherwood Park, Strathcona County, and Vegreville.
List of Our Catholic Parishes in PDF Format
St. Francis Xavier Parish
5010 48A Avenue, Camrose. AB.
Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Catholic Parish
4823 53A Street, Camrose, AB.
Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Parish
5705 51 Street, Vegreville, AB.
Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton
8421 - 101 Avenue,
Edmonton, AB T6A 0L1
Toll Free: 1-844-469-1010
Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Edmonton
9645 -108 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta T5H 1A3
Bishop David Motiuk
REAL - Religious Education Activities for Life
Want to see the Catholic faith grow among our young people? Get REAL!
The REAL Foundation (formerly Elk Island Catholic Schools Education Foundation) was formed in 2001 by members of the Catholic community who wanted to help students grow in their faith through enhanced spiritual experiences. The Foundation supports the mission of EICS for the religious education and spiritual growth of over 5,900 students in the urban and rural communities of Camrose, Fort Saskatchewan, Sherwood Park, Strathcona County and Vegreville.
A REAL Promise
As a Catholic community, we have a responsibility to help our children grown in faith. We make this promise at every baptism, when we pledge to help parents and godparents raise their children in Catholic faith. At REAL, we take this promise seriously.
GrACE stands for Grateful Advocates for Catholic Education. The goal of GrACE is to advocate for publicly-funded Catholic education across the province of Alberta. It is supported by the Alberta Bishops, Alberta Catholic School Trustees and Catholic School Superintendents of Alberta.
The mission of GrACE is to inspire, invigorate and embolden the spirit of Catholic education in order to unite, engage, educate and communicate with one voice on its behalf. GrACE is a partnership of stakeholders resolutely committed to Catholic education within the province of Alberta.
The gift of publicly-funded Catholic education in Alberta is a blessing. As a community we are called in gratitude, faith and action to ensure that our children and future generations continue to learn and grow in our Catholic schools.
Did you know?
- Publicly-funded Catholic schools are constitutionally protected and have been educating children in Alberta for 150 years.
- 183,000 students currently attend Catholic schools in Alberta.
- Alberta is one of three provinces in Canada with publicly funded Catholic education.
- Catholic schools welcome all and educate both Catholic and non-Catholic students.
- Catholic education affirms parents as their children's primary educators and respect the rights of parents to choose the school that best meets their needs.
- Catholic schools' deepest desire is to ensure that every child knows and experiences the love of God through the witness of their community.
- Principles of diversity and inclusion are central in the teachings of the Catholic Church and permeate all aspects and curriculum in a Catholic school.
- Catholic schools are committed to academic excellence.
How you can help?
In your homes, neighborhoods, schools and parishes, watch for and get involved with your local GrACE team. Help spread the word by sharing your stories of Catholic education.
Join the conversation:
- Follow GrACE provincially on Facebook and Twitter
- Use the hashtag #gottagracegroup and #IBelieveinCatholicEd.