We are a Catholic Community committed to developing educational opportunities in the context of the Gospel Values. A place where students gifts and talents are celebrated and nurtured through lifelong spiritual and personal experiences.
- That Jesus Christ and his teachings are the foundation and core of our Catholic School Division.
- That a quality education is a continuing process that develops the whole person in an environment which encourages success.
- That we live out the Catholic faith through our words, our actions and our interactions.
- That Catholic education is a shared responsibility between the home, the school, the parish and the community.
- That education is a lifelong journey during which excellence is actively pursued.
- That everyone has worth and dignity as a unique creation of God.
To inspire a faith-filled learner with a spirit for knowledge, risk-taking & exploration on their lifelong learning journey.
To impart God’s teachings through respect, empathy, love and compassion for others.
St. Nicholas Catholic School was founded in 1973.
Approximately 300 students from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 4 attend St. Nicholas.
St. Nicholas also houses the Ukrainian Bilingual Program for Sadochok/Preschool to grade 4. We are an APPLE School (Alberta Project Promoting active Living and healthy Eating): APPLE Schools aim to make the healthy choice the easy choice by changing the school environments. Apple Schools create and sustain supportive physical and social environments that foster lifelong health and learning.
St. Nicholas is located in the heart of Sherwood Park, with close and easy access to Baseline Road, Cloverbar Road, Sherwood Drive and Granada Boulevard. Map of St. Nicholas Catholic School
Programs & Services
English and Ukrainian Bilingual (Up to 50% instruction in the Ukrainian language)