Important Information For Trustee Election 2021
2021 School Trustee Election Information Package:
(Please be aware that the forms are Government of Alberta generated and may be updated prior to the October 2021 election)
Notice of Nomination Day
Nomination Paper and Candidate's Acceptance:
1. Nomination Paper - Acceptance - Sherwood Park
2. Nomination Paper - Acceptance - Camrose
3. Nomination Paper - Acceptance - Vegreville
4. Nomination Paper - Acceptance - Fort Saskatchewan
Candidate Financial Information
Release of Candidate Information
Form 26 - Campaign Disclosure Statement and Financial Statement
In order to assist you in your journey as a school trustee candidate, here are a number of resources that you may find useful:
1. List of Schools and websites within EICS - click here.
2. Board of Trustee Policies within EICS - click here.
3. Administrative Procedure 154 - Political Electioneering
4. Local Authorities Election Act ( Specific reference to Sections 12, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 47, 68.1, 151 and Part 5.1) - click here.
5. Education Act - (Specific reference to Sections 4(4), 74 - click here.
6. Alberta School Boards Association - Trustee Election Page
7. Alberta Catholic School Trustees' Association - Election Information
8. Alberta Education - School Board Election Information Page
9. Elk Island Catholic Schools' 2019/2020 Audited Financial Statement - click here
10. Map of Elk Island Catholic Schools' Electoral Subdivisions
Official Notices in Local Papers
Nominations will be accepted by the Returning Officer, or a designate, by appointment at the local jurisdiction office:
Elk Island Catholic Schools
310 Broadview Road
Sherwood Park, AB
Contact Elk Island Catholic Schools to make an appointment: 780-449-6464 or Toll Free: 1-800-996-9982.
Candidates for Elk Island Catholic Schools' 2021 School Trustee Election