By-Election 2019 - October 24, 2019
Trustees 2019 By-Election - Fort Saskatchewan Ward 2
UPDATE: Results of the 2019 By-Election Fort Saskatchewan
News Release - Issued September 12, 2019
In preparation for the October 24, 2019 By-Election of a trustee for the Elk Island Catholic Separate Regional Division No. 41, Fort Saskatchewan Ward 2, an electronic information package has been created with documents and links to resources for candidates to use.
Nomination Date is Thursday, September 12, 2019. This is the date that all candidates must file their Nomination Paper and Candidate's Acceptance to run as a trustee in the EICS School Division, Fort Saskatchewan Ward 2. All nominations must be received on Nomination Day at the Central Learning Services office which is located at 310 Broadview Road, Sherwood Park, Alberta.
By-Election Day is set for Thursday, October 24, 2019 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Election will be held at St. Andre Bessette Catholic School, 8300 Southfort Drive, Fort Saskatchewan.
2019 School Trustee By-Election Information Package for Fort Saskatchewan Ward 2:
Notice of Nomination Day - Fort Saskatchewan
Official Notices in Local Newspaper - August 29, 2019 & September 5, 2019
Resources for Candidates
In order to assist you in your journey as a school trustee candidate, here are a number of resources that you may find useful:
1. List of Schools and websites within EICS - click here.
2. Board of Trustee Policies within EICS - click here.
3. Local Authorities Election Act ( Specific reference to Sections 21, 22, 23, 27, 28,
47, 68.1, 151 and Part 5.1) - click here.
4. Education Act - (Specific reference to Sections 44(4), and 74 - click here.
5. Alberta School Boards Association
6. Alberta Catholic School Trustees' Association
7. Alberta Education - School Board Election Information Page
8. Elk Island Catholic Schools' 2017/2018 Audited Financial Statement - click here