Pre-Kindergarten in EICS
Welcome to Elk Island Catholic Schools Pre-Kindergarten.
To register online, please click here.
As part of a well-rounded, play-based curriculum we will explore the following areas of early childhood development:
- Develop a relationship with God, our Father,
- Build relationships with our peers, teachers and school community,
- Support and enhance your child’s independence and growing confidence,
- Experience dramatic and imaginative play with friends in class,
- Explore early literacy and numeracy concepts,
- Expand language and communication skills,
- Develop critical thinking skills through “Loose Parts” and “Tinkerlab” activities
- Introduce classroom routines,
- Participate in fine and gross motor movement activities.
All EICS Pre-Kindergarten classes are taught by knowledgeable and caring certified teachers with the support of a multidisciplinary team made up of Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Educational Assistants and the Early Learning Consultants.
EICS offers Pre-Kindergarten programming for children aged 4 years on or before December 31st. As an inclusive School Division, we also offer programming for children with mild/moderate or severe delays. Please refer to the Brighter Beginnings section of the EICS website for further information about Program Unit Funding.
Pre-Kindergarten runs 4 mornings or afternoons per week at most schools. Field trips and other special school activities will be organized by the teacher at each school.
Community children - $2000 per year. This can be paid in monthly installments.
Children with mild/moderate delays that are diagnosed before September 30th - no fees.
Early Childhood Links: