For all students, educational practices should be flexible and responsive to their strengths, needs, and learning preferences. Flexible Pathways, a new program at EICS, helps create learning experiences to ensure students with complex learning needs are successful (i.e., students with a diagnosed developmental disability). This program strives to balance our vision and values of inclusive education with interventions and strategies of targeted instruction for our most complex learners.
Our Flexible Pathways program provides a half-day of targeted instruction focused on Literacy, Numeracy, Communication, and Social skills in a structured, yet flexible environment, with experienced teachers giving students the attention and support they need to succeed. Targeted instruction is complemented by inclusive and authentic learning opportunities that allow students to further explore and develop their interests in school environments with peers and appropriate supports.
Flexible Pathways also provides a collaborative structure of support including Educational Assistants, Educational and Behavioural Consultants, Speech-Language Pathologists and Speech-Language Pathology Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Low Vision Consultant, and Deaf & Hard of Hearing supports.
Flexible Pathways is available at the following schools:
- Madonna Catholic School (Early Intervention and ECS), Sherwood Park, Full for 2020/21
- St. John XXIII Catholic School (Early Intervention to grade 4 - Full), Fort Saskatchewan, Full for 2020/21
- Holy Spirit Catholic School, (K-4), Sherwood Park - Full for 2020/21
- St. Theresa Catholic School (Grade 5 - 8), Sherwood Park - Full for 2020/21
- Archbishop Jordan Catholic High School, Sherwood Park - taking registrations
Please contact the Principal at each school for further information or send an email message to email@example.com.