Sherwood Park Boundary Consultation - 2018
During the first months of 2018, Elk Island Catholic Schools (EICS), we will be reaching out to our EICS family (parents, students, staff and community members) to look at future boundaries that will serve us for a number of years moving forward. Essentially, Sherwood Park is a very fast-growing community and our population has climbed 24.2 % over the past 10 years and our student numbers have increased by over 700 students. We need to look forward to how we can best serve our population within our existing schools while the population continues to increase in certain areas of our community.
It is important to emphasize that the division will be opening this transparent consultation on January 9th and that no pre-conceived decisions have been made. All the information that will be guiding the process, such as demographics and future growth models for each of the schools is available for context on the Sherwood Park Boundaries Consultation page.
List of common questions to assist people in their input.
If you have not received an email invitation to the consultation and would like to participate, please click here.
The Sherwood Park Boundary consultation will comprise the following steps:
- Early January: ThoughtExchange consultation will be emailed to all Sherwood Park EICS parents and a link available on our website
- Early February: Results of the ThoughtExchange and possible options are shared with participants and in coffee house meetings
- Mid-February: Deadline for feedback on the options
- Early March: Preferred option is brought back to the community
- March 21st EICS Board of Trustees vote on the recommended option
For more information on this important conversation, please visit our Sherwood Park Boundaries Consultation page.