Welcome back EICS students! Classes will resume in-class for all EICS students beginning on Monday, January 11, 2021. Minister LaGrange has written a letter to all parents which can be read here.
As we return to in-person instruction on January 11th, it is important that our ABJ staff and students diligently adhere to the protocols laid out by the province as well as the Re-Entry plan set out by Elk Island Catholic Schools.
Please refer to the E ICS 2020-2021 Re-Entry Handbook for Parents
- Masks are mandatory for all grade 4 - 12 students. Grade 4 - 12 students will be required to wear masks in all shared and common areas such as hallways and on buses.
- Guidelines and standards on the use of non-medical face masks is accessible at the following webpage: https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx
Within a cohort, the following will be expected:
- hand hygiene expectations when entering and exiting the school and classrooms, before and after eating;
- continual reminders of the importance of respiratory etiquette (e.g. cover coughs and sneezes, avoid touching the face and disposal of used tissues promptly, followed by hand hygiene);
- a no sharing policy, all students should have their own supplies.
- where sharing of equipment is required, the equipment should be cleaned between uses.
- guiding foot traffic flow through entrances and hallways by using markers on the floor or pylons/barriers.
- school assemblies or other large gatherings (e.g. concerts or dances) are prohibited.