Dear EICS Catholic School Community,
As announced on September 15, 2021, by Premier Kenney, Alberta has declared a state of public health emergency and will implement new health measures to expand capacity, increase vaccination rates and reduce transmission of COVID-19.
Within Elk Island Catholic Schools (EICS) the move to include these new restrictions which are in effect starting September 16th will be relatively seamless since most of the recommendations were already in place within our schools.
- Stay-at-home policy for any students/staff exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
- Daily screening following the Alberta Health Daily Checklist
- All eligible staff and students are encouraged to be fully vaccinated for respiratory illnesses, where applicable, such as COVID-19 and influenza.
- When there is a confirmed case of COVID-19, parents and guardians are encouraged to notify school administrators of a positive COVID-19 test result. All reporting continues to be confidential.
- Staff and students who test positive for COVID-19 are required to isolate for a minimum of 10 days.
- All students and staff in Grades K-12 are required to wear a mask in all common areas, hallways, foyers, lunchrooms, libraries, and in areas where social distancing is not possible. Masks may be removed in classrooms when students are seated.
- Masks are required for all students and staff on school busses.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols and disinfecting will continue.
- All school council meetings that can be done virtually/teleconference moving forward are to be done in this manner.
- In-person parent gatherings are not to occur in our schools during the state of a public health emergency.