We are a Catholic community committed to developing
educational opportunities in the context of Gospel values,
where students' gifts and talents are celebrated and nurtured
through lifelong spiritual and personal experiences.
- That Jesus Christ and his teachings are the foundation and core of our Catholic School Division.
- That a quality education is a continuing process that develops the whole person in an environment which encourages success.
- That we live out the Catholic faith through our words, our actions and our interactions.
- That Catholic education is a shared responsibility between the home, the school, the parish and the community.
- That education is a lifelong journey during which excellence is actively pursued.
- That everyone has worth and dignity as a unique creation of God.
REAL - Religious Education Activities for Life
Want to see the Catholic faith grow among our young people? Get REAL!
The REAL Foundation (formerly Elk Island Catholic Schools Education Foundation) was formed in 2001 by members of the Catholic community who wanted to help students grow in their faith through enhanced spiritual experiences. The Foundation supports the mission of EICS for the religious education and spiritual growth of over 5,900 students in the urban and rural communities of Camrose, Fort Saskatchewan, Sherwood Park, Strathcona County and Vegreville.
A REAL Promise
As a Catholic community, we have a responsibility to help our children grown in faith. We make this promise at every baptism, when we pledge to help parents and godparents raise their children in Catholic faith. At REAL, we take this promise seriously.